Wednesday, September 22, 2010

SWIMMER'S EAR

Have you ever had it? It's like a knife trying to find it's way into your ear drum. It's this disgusting bacterial infection you get from having water in your ear for long periods of time. It's most common in swimmers because, of course, they swim all the time.
I'm a swimmer. I swim for 2:30-3 hours a day. I love swimming, and I don't mean splash around swimming; I mean 12 50's at the 45. With some drills after and then more sprints/long distance. I've always had a problem with getting water in my ear and it staying there for quite a while. Last week my ear was on fire, bro. I went to the doctor and for the first time in my life I have swimmer's ear. Go back on Wednesday last week because my other ear was starting to hurt as well. Well, shit son, I have it in both ears.
So, all this time I've been quite literally deaf in my right ear and my left ear was just getting worse. I took 4days off of swimming and this killed me. Now, more than a week later the pain has yet to lessen. It should have gone away on Sunday but I guess not.
            Long story short, Water wants to have your babies. But Water doesn't understand how exactly humans have babies and how only females can have babies. So, it will try to do you in the ear. Yeah, that pain you feel? It gave you a sexually transmitted disease.  'Cept it's water. Congratulations, mate.

2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence - I've lately tried to get back into swimming again (did it for five years when I was a kid) and now you post about this. At least now I now what I can expect :)

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete